PRNewswire - The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index finished up 0.84% in August. A new monthly commentary offers insight into hedge fund performance through the month of August. Some key findings from the report include:
- Hedge funds, as measured by the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, finished August up 0.84%, with 8 out of 10 strategies in positive territory;
- In total, the industry saw estimated inflows of approximately $2 billion in August, bringing overall assets under management for the industry to approximately $1.76 trillion;
- The Fixed Income Arbitrage and Multi-Strategy sectors experienced the largest asset inflows on a percentage basis, with inflows in August of 1.05% and 0.68% from July 2012 levels, respectively;
- Event Driven funds generated positive performance in August, given positive developments from specific portfolio holdings against a backdrop of reduced macro-related disturbances; and
- Long/Short Equity funds delivered another month of positive performance in August with both Global and U.S. equity markets experiencing positive returns. Performance during the month was led by the most cyclical areas of the market (e.g., technology, consumer discretionary and financials) given the pro-growth simulative measures seen to be undertaken by policymakers.
Industry commentaries and publications are available in the “News” section of www.hedgeindex.com . Click here to view the full report which includes an overview of August hedge fund performance, in-depth commentary on individual hedge fund sectors and hedge fund return dispersion statistics for each strategy.