New York (HedgeCo.Net) – The SEC over the weekend announced the agenda and panelists for its December 5 staff roundtable on the use of proxy advisory firm services by institutional investors and hedge fund investment advisers.
The roundtable panelists are:
- Karen Barr – General Counsel, Investment Adviser Association
- Jeffrey Brown – Head of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, Charles Schwab
- Mark Chen – Associate Professor of Finance, Georgia State University
- Michelle Edkins – Managing Director and Global Head Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, BlackRock, Inc.
- Yukako Kawata – Partner, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Hoil Kim – Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, GT Advanced Technologies, Inc.
- Eric Komitee – General Counsel, Viking Global Investors LP
- Jeff Mahoney – General Counsel, Council of Institutional Investors
- Nell Minow – Co-Founder and Board Member, GMI Ratings
- Trevor Norwitz – Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Harvey Pitt – CEO, Kalorama Partners
- Katherine Rabin – CEO, Glass Lewis & Co. LLC
- Gary Retelny – President, Institutional Shareholder Services, Inc.
- Michael Ryan – Vice President, Business Roundtable, and former president and COO of Proxy Governance, Inc.
- Anne Sheehan – Director of Corporate Governance, CalSTRS
- Damon Silvers – Director of Policy and Special Counsel, AFL-CIO
- Darla Stuckey – Senior Vice President of Policy and Advocacy, Society of Corporate Secretaries
- Lynn Turner – Managing Director, LitiNomics, Inc.
The roundtable will be held at the SEC’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., and is open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. The event also will be webcast live on the SEC’s website and will be archived for later viewing.
“Members of the public are welcome to submit comments on the topics to be addressed at the roundtable.” The SEC said, ” Comments may be submitted electronically or on paper; please use one method only. Any comments submitted will become part of the public record of the roundtable and posted on the SEC’s website. ”
All submissions should refer to File Number 4-670 and the file number should be included on the subject line if e-mail is used.
Editing by Alex Akesson
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!