New York, October 6th, 2010 (HedgeCo.net) – The HedgeCo.Net (HCN) Hedge Fund Aggregate Index showed an average annual return of +7.14%, through July 2010, compared to the S&P500 which showed an average of +4.08%.
- The HCN Long/ Short Index scored the highest with an Average Annual Return of 7.58%
- With 8.58% the HCN Long Only Index ranked the second highest with YTD inflows of 1.16%.
- The HCN Multi-Strategy Index is up 3.85% YTD.
- The HCN Agressive Growth Index showed monthly gains of 0.62%.
- The HCN Aggregate Index showed a higest monthly return of 5.17%.
- The HCN Emerging Markets Index ranked the lowest at 0.08% average monthly gain.
Alex Akesson, Editor for HedgeCo.net.
Phone: (561) 578 4435
About The HedgeCo™ Hedge Fund Index
The HedgeCo.Net (HCN) Hedge Fund Indices are a group of equally weighted performance indices utilized by numerous hedge fund managers as a benchmark for their own hedge funds. Unlike asset-weighting utilized by some other indices, the equal-weighting of the HCN presents a more general picture of performance of the hedge fund industry. By weighting all funds equally, this helps to reduce any bias toward the larger funds potentially created by alternative weightings, especially for strategies that encompass a small number of funds.
Funds included in the HCN Monthly Indices must:
- Report monthly returns
- Report Returns Net of All Fees
- Report assets in USD
- All HCN Indices are equally weighted (not based on AUM size).
- “Bad Assets” (ie. Funds which do not report their AUM) are not included in the HCN.
- The HCN Indices are made “official” on the fifteenth of the month.
Both domestic and offshore funds are included in the HCN Indices.