New York (HedgeCo.net) – GAIM USA and Citi announced that PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, economist and hedge fund manager Burton Malkiel, Jim Chanos of Kynikos Associates and Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee Member Adam Posen will headline the 2nd Annual GAIM GMA (Geopolitical Risk, Macro Economic Insight and Alternative Investment) Event on October 11th and 12th at the Sentry Towers in New York City.
GAIM GMA is the New York-based sister event of the flagship hedge fund industry conference GAIM USA held each January in Boca Raton, Florida.
A few of the over 80 speakers who have already confirmed their participation include:
· Jeffrey Scott, Chief Investment Officer, ALASKA PERMANENT FUND INVESTMENT BOARD
· Maxime Tessier, Vice-President, Tactical Portfolio and Currencies, Overlay Strategies, CAISSE DE DÉPÔT ET PLACEMENT DU QUÉBEC
· Chris Limbach, Head of Quantitative Strategies, PGGM INVESTMENTS
· Willem H. Buiter, Chief Economist, CITI
· Adam Posen, Monetary Policy Committee Member, The Bank of England
· Eric Chaney, Chief Economist, AXA GROUP, Head of Research, AXA INVESTMENT MANAGERS
· Dr. Burton G. Malkiel, Co-founder, and the Chief Investment Officer, BAOCHUAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT (BaoCap), Chemical Bank Chairman’s Professor of Economics at PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
· James S. Chanos, President & Founder, KYNIKOS ASSOCIATES
· Mark Dow, Senior Portfolio Manager, PHARO MANAGEMENT LLC
· Peter Orszag, Vice Chairman of Global Banking, CITI, Formerly Director of the Office of Management and Budget
· Carlo Cottarelli, Director, Fiscal Affairs Department, IMF
· Mahmoud Mohieldin, Managing Director, WORLD BANK GROUP, Formerly Minister of Investment of the ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT
The GAIM GMA conference will provide an opportunity for hedge funds and investors to engage in an important dialogue with leading economists, strategists, policy makers and central bankers and to hear their prescriptions for navigating the risks and opportunities in the year ahead.