“The world economy still faces significant challenges but with reduced correlation between major asset classes and the reassertion of trends, we have seen a somewhat more stable market environment. Against this background, we saw solid performance across our three investment engines.” Manny Roman, Chief Executive Officer of Man, said. “However, this was a disappointing quarter from a flows perspective with sales at a similar level to the previous quarter and increased redemptions.”
Highlights from the report include:
- Positive investment movement of $2.8 billion in the quarter:
- AHL Diversified programme up 4.2% in the quarter. As of 29 April 2013, AHL Diversified programme is up 10.4% for the year to date and AHL open ended FUM of $9.5 billion is approximately 4.5% away from high water mark on a weighted average basis with over 70% at or within 5% of high water mark
- The majority of GLG alternative strategies had positive performance in the quarter and over 71% of GLG performance fee eligible FUM was at high water mark and 20% was within 5% of high water mark at the end of March GLG long only strategies contributed positive investment movement of $1.6 billion in the quarter with the strongest performance coming from the Japan Core Alpha fund which was up 24.0%
- Positive performance at FRM added $0.4 billion to FUM in the quarter
- Net outflows in the quarter of $3.7 billion, comprising sales of $2.5 billion and redemptions of $6.2 billion
“Investment performance is the lifeblood of our business and in time we expect good performance to translate into flows. However, we remain cautious in our outlook as we will need a more sustained period of performance, particularly from AHL, before we see an improvement in net flows. We continue to make good progress against our key business priorities and the recently announced improvement in our capital position, together with our announcement today of the intended buyback of our debt securities, has delivered value for shareholders.’ Roman concluded.
Editor for HedgeCo.net
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership inHedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!