The Implementation Project Manager will be part of pre-sales technical meetings and product demonstrations with prospective clients. This role would be involved in projects to drive the immediate and strategic OMS initiatives involving direct interaction with front office (Portfolio Managers and Traders). Responsibilities will include writing functional specifications with supporting use cases; creating project implementation plan including resource allocation and defining milestones and project dependencies. The Implementation Manager will be involved in all stages of an OMS deployment and will establish sync points with internal team, external vendors and users. This role would be responsible for validating all the key business OMS functionality and overseeing testing for user acceptance and business use cases.
Successful candidate must have prior Project Management/ Business Analyst experience with an end-to-end implementation of an Order Management System at a traditional money management firm or at a hedge fund. Candidate must have a working knowledge of Core Banking and Accounting & Finance Information Systems. Candidate must have very good data analysis and technical skills within the realm of Order Management Systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Science or Engineering. Master’s degree in financial field strongly preferred. Good understanding of software product development lifecycle is a plus.
• Overall 10+ years of experience with at least 5 years of prior experience managing front office application projects from start to finish.
• 3-6 years of relevant experience with a good understanding of Portfolio Management work bench (What-if scenarios), Trade Blotters, Compliance, Trading Workflows.
• Strong understanding and experience working with a wide variety of asset classes' and experience interacting with Front Office users like Portfolio Managers and traders.
• Thorough knowledge of the trade flow process i.e. order generation, trading and settlements. Extensive knowledge of working with OMS vendors such as Charles River, Eze-Castle, Line data etc.
• Excellent understanding of Compliance modules relevant to Buy-Side institutions. 3-6 years’ experience with a Buy-Side trading system or order management system.