The Senior Business Development Representative (Mutual Fund and Alternative Investment Industries) - Northeast is responsible for selling UMB Fund Services’ outsourced back office solutions and turnkey programs to financial intermediaries in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast territory. Successful incumbent must create and manage a strategic territory plan that results in closing business to meet forecast commitments and sales quotas. This includes:
• Assessing, prospecting and calling on financial institutions in the mutual fund and alternative investment industries
• Cross selling company products and services to existing clients
• Managing territory to maximize sales resources and revenue opportunities and minimize expenses
• Analyzing financial position and operational challenges of prospects to determine sales approach
• Coordinating with internal resources to ensure professional delivery of sales, marketing and proposal materials to prospects
• Maintaining data in the sales reporting system and providing regular updates to sales manager
• Developing and maintaining relationships with industry/professional organizations and individuals
• Participating in user group meetings and trade shows
• Staying abreast of current industry trends, competitors and all company products and services
• Participating in on-boarding processes along with other internal resources to assure seamless transition for new clients
UMB Fund Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of UMB, is a nationally respected investment services provider offering a broad array of services for mutual funds, alternative investments and separately managed accounts. Our 300+ associates service more than 200 clients with combined assets of approximately $150 billion. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we also have operations in Kansas City, Missouri; Ogden, Utah; Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania; and Boston, Massachusetts.
Bachelor’s degree and ten years’ successful sales experience in the financial services industry. This includes prior experience with and good working knowledge of mutual funds, hedge funds, collective investment funds as well as accounting, administration, investor record keeping and bank custody functions. Must have proven ability develop long-term industry relationships and to manage sales with multiple decision makers, including C-level executives. Must be able to work independently as well as contribute effectively to larger team efforts. Additional competencies required are: achievement orientation, customer orientation, teamwork, emotional presence, impact & influence, internal partnering, networking and organizational awareness. Significant industry experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. 40%+ travel required. Candidate must reside or relocate to northeast; New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Delaware, or Washington DC area.