Grace Magazine Shuts After Investor Quits

NEW YORK (AP) – Grace, a fashion and lifestyle magazine for women size 12 and up, is shutting down after its primary investor pulled out, the company announced Wednesday.

Grace published seven issues since launching in May of last year, and its eighth issue, which had already been completed, won’t be printed, said Ceslie Armstrong, the magazine’s editor.

Armstrong said the company lost the backing of its main investor, a Bahamas-based hedge fund called Seibels Technology Fund that had invested $4 million in the venture.

Armstrong had also been the executive editor at Mode, another magazine aimed at larger-size women, which closed down in the fall of 2001 after five years when its parent company, Freedom Communications, couldn’t find a buyer.

Grace had attempted to reach a broader audience with more stories on lifestyle and travel. Armstrong said Grace had reached a circulation of 200,000 with its July/August issue.

About the HedgeCo News Team

The Hedge Fund News Team stays on top of breaking news in the Hedge Fund industry on an hourly basis. Signup to HedgeCo.Net to recieve Daily or Weekly news updates from our team.
This entry was posted in HedgeCo News. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.