New York (HedgeCo.Net) – Hedge funds are up 3.82% year-to-date, registering performance-based gains of $56.4 billion while witnessing net asset inflows of $60.7 billion in 2014, according to October’s issue of The Eurekahedge Report.
Other highlights include:
- Currently, assets under management of funds of hedge funds have recovered to $529.3 billion, an increase of $5.7 billion from December 2013.
- India investing hedge funds continued to record strong gains, reporting their ninth consecutive month of positive returns – up 2.44% and 30.65% year-to-date.
- Latin American managers suffered losses of 2.02% during the month, though outperforming the MSCI Latin America Index which fell 7.74%. The AUM of Latin America focused funds fell 4.50% in September.
- Long/short equities, event driven, and macro funds reported the largest outflows during the month, with investors redeeming $3.3 billion, $2.3 billion and $2.0 billion respectively from the aforementioned strategies.
- Asia ex-Japan focused funds were the only regional mandate reporting net asset inflows during the month. They have returned 6.66% as of September 2014 year-to-date and are on track to outperform their global peers.
- CTA/managed futures hedge funds delivered the best returns among all strategies, up 2.47% in September and 6.54% year-to-date though investors have redeemed $11.5 billion from the strategy in 2014 alone.
The Eurekahedge Asian Hedge Fund Awards 2015 will be returning for its 11th year on 22 May at Capella Singapore. For sponsorship details or table reservations, please contact your account manager or email email@example.com.
Editor for HedgeCo.net
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!