New York (HedgeCo.net) – September’s edition of The Eurekahedge Report takes an in-depth look at the Latin American hedge fund sector as well as Islamic fund sector, with our regular analysis of the industry’s perfomance to date in comparison with previous years and what is to come.
In this month’s Billion Dollar Interview, we talk to Jerome Booth, Head of Research at Ashmore Investment Management. The report also contains a look at the most up-to-date data numbers for August in our regular performance and asset flows sections.
Highlights from this month’s report:
- Hedge funds outperformed global markets by 5.29% in August
- Launch activity remains strong in 2011 with more than 580 funds launched in the first seven months of the year
- Net asset flows remained positive for the ninth consecutive month- US$1.5 billion in August and US$120.8 billion for the year
- Arbitrage, distressed debt, event driven, long/short equity and relative value funds witnessed their fourth consecutive month of negative returns
- North American hedge funds witnessed their 19th consecutive month of net positive asset flows, gaining US$148.4 billion over this period
- North American fixed income funds are the best performing so far this year up 4.44% for 2011