Hedge fund managers, high-net worth individuals and bankers sponsored 30 teams with names like ‘Team Awesome’ and ‘Black Forest Racing’ with drivers steering 6 ½- and 9-horsepower go-karts around the streets of downtown Stamford. A 45 minute Iron man race also took place after the main event due to ticket sell out.
Since its inception in 1998, Hedge Funds Care has awarded over 660 grants totaling $23 million. The charity was founded by a former teacher who was working in the hedge fund industry.
In the U.S., fundraising events are currently held in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, and San Francisco. Events are also held in Grand Cayman, London, and Toronto. Money raised is distributed locally to community-based nonprofit organizations that address child abuse in the following ways:
• Education – to enhance awareness and understanding of abuse and neglect for children, parents,
and professionals in the community
• Prevention – services to at-risk children and families
• Interventions – for children who have been physically or sexually abused and support services to non-offending family members
• Research – on best practices in child welfare
• Advocacy – to improve child welfare
• Training – to equip paraprofessionals and professionals to provide child abuse prevention and treatment services
Editor for HedgeCo.net
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!