New York (HedgeCo.net) – After having launched the first index series to track UCITS funds applying hedge fund strategies back at the beginning of 2010, Swiss 2n20.com presented the UCITS HFS Index Awards for the first time. The awards were presented Monday in the Zunfthaus zur Meisen in Zürich at a gala dinner with over 90 industry professionals attending.
Out of the eight prizes awarded seven were decided by an independent award committee that consisted of five experts within the finance industry, all of them professional investors. Only the “UCITS HFS Index Award 2011: Best UCITS Platform” was decided by public vote via an online poll on the website Ucitsindex.com.
“We are proud that we have created an award to recognize outstanding fund managers that not only were able to execute an alternative investment strategy successfully, but did so within a regulated UCITS fund vehicle.” Dennis Drenjovski, CEO of 2n20.com said, “It is an honour that all winners were present to accept their awards in person which shows that although this is a new award it already has a relevance within the industry.”
The winners of the individual categories are:
- Best UCITS Platform: Alceda UCITS Platform
- Best Low Volatility Fund: Syquant Capital Helium Opportunities Fund
- Best Fund under € 50 million AuM: Cheyne Convertibles Absolute Return Fund
- Best Multi Strategy Fund: AC Risk Parity 12 Fund
- Best Fixed Income Fund including Credit: Henderson Strategic Bond Fund
- Best Equity Fund: Cazenove Absolute UK Dynamic Fund
- Best Global Macro or CTA Fund: DB Platinum IV dbX Systematic Alpha Index Fund
- Fund of the Year: Ennismore European Smaller Companies Fund