Latteno Food Corp.’s wholly-owned subsidiary Green Cannabis, has rolled-out it’s first set of medical marijuana edible products consisting of Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Bars and Chocolate Chip Cookies all made out of Cannabutter.
The peanut butter cups consist 200mg of THC, Indica, the chocolate bars contain a full gram of hash and the chocolate chip cookies contain 105THC, 1.3 CBD and 1.1 CBN.
Latteno has been approached by several small cap hedge funds and boutique investment houses about a near term private placement and cash infusion to fund its growth and acquisitions.
The endocannabinoid system refers to a group of neuromodulatory lipids and their receptors that are involved in a variety of physiological processes including appetite, pain-sensation, mood, and memory; it mediates the psychoactive effects of cannabis and, broadly speaking, includes:
- The endogenous arachidonate-based lipids, anandamide (N-arachidonoylethanolamide, AEA) and 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG); these are known as “endocannabinoids” and are physiological ligands for the cannabinoid receptors. Endocannabinoids are all eicosanoids.
- The enzymes that synthesize and degrade the endocannabinoids, such as fatty acid amide hydrolase or monoacylglycerol lipase.
- The cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2, two G protein-coupled receptors that are located in the central and peripheral nervous systems.
The endocannabinoid system has been studied using genetic and pharmacological methods. These studies have revealed that cannabinoids act as neuromodulators for a variety of physiological processes, including motor learning, synaptic plasticity, appetite, and pain sensation.
Anti-inflammatory refers to the property of a substance or treatment that reduces inflammation. Anti-inflammatory drugs make up about half of analgesics, remedying pain by reducing inflammation as opposed to opioids, which affect the central nervous system.
– Antimitogenic: the effect of a chemical substance that inhibits cell division. To stop cancer cell from multiplying.
– Antiangiogenic: the effect of a chemical substance that inhibits the growth of new blood vessels.
– Proapototic: encourage the process of programmed cell death (PCD) that may occur in multicellular organisms.
Research has shown that eating instead of smoking is far more beneficial for most patients.
The Company has moved quickly with the implementation of its new initiatives through strategic acquisitions, innovative product development projects and tactical licensing arrangements and has substantially grown and strengthened its revenue projections and asset valuation.
“We are pleased to roll out our first initial medical marijuana edible products. We have other products in line for immediate release once approved by our doctors and research scientists,” stated Thu Le, Chief Executive Officer. “Our goal and objective is to regularly introducing safe and healthy products that would greatly benefit our co-op patients and partners.”
Update: As DealBreaker correctly pointed out our initial title was misleading, this story is not about a Marijuana Hedge Fund, although as explained below, there are hedge funds and private equity firms interested in getting a part of what they perceive to be a substantial upside in medical marijuana.
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!