New York (HedgeCo.net) – Forbes reports that at least 30 billionaires, 7.5% of the Forbes 400, have donated to the Mitt Romney-backing super PAC Restore Our Future, among them are some of the top hedge fund managers this year.
According to Restore Our Future’s monthly report, the hedge fund donors include:
– Louis Bacon who gave $500,000
– Citadel’s Ken Griffin gave $2.85 million
-Greenwich-based hedge funder Paul Tudor-Jones II kicked in $200,000.
– Bill, “the other Koch”, has given $2 million total, both personally and via his Oxbow Carbon company
– New York hedge funder Bruce Kovner gave $500,000
– Hedge fund titan John Paulson donated $1 million.
– Tiger Management’s Julian Robertson has given $1.25 million
– David Tepper gave $375,000
Mitt Romney’s net worth has been pinned down at at $230 million by Forbes. Born March 12, 1947, Romney is an American businessman and politician. He was the 70th Governor of Massachusetts(2003-07), and he is running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
Some of the data in the anti-Obama ads hosted by Restore Our Future have been questioned by their media regarding their “truthiness”.
Editor for HedgeCo.net
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!