New York (HedgeCo.Net) – The global hedge funds sector currently standing at more than US$1.8 trillion, the sector has seen positive returns across all regions in 2012 – with Asia ex-Japan as the best performing region at 12.14% of gains.
It is also less than three months away to the 10th Asian Hedge Fund Awards in Singapore which will be held on Friday June 7th at Capella Singapore.
Highlights from this month’s report:
- The Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index was up 0.22% in February and is up 2.33% year-to-date
- 23% of early reporting funds attracted assets in February
- The Eurekahedge Japan Hedge Fund Index crossed the 200-point mark for the first time to reach its highest level on record
- Japanese hedge funds witnessed the strongest 3-month return on record, up by 11.27%
- Nearly 250 hedge funds are up more than 10% so far in the year
- Updated figures for January show that the industry grew by US$30 billion during the month, bringing the industry back above the US$1.8 trillion mark
- European hedge funds outperformed underlying markets by 3.42% in February
- Event driven hedge funds witnessed the ninth consecutive month of positive returns – up nearly 10% since June last year
- The first two months of 2013 have seen nearly 50 funds launching globally
- Assets in Latin American hedge funds have increased by 5% in the first two months of 2013
- AUM of North American hedge funds currently at US$1.24 trillion, expected to cross historical high of US$1.25 trillion in March