New York, November 2, 2010 (HedgeCo.net) – The HedgeCo.Net (HCN) Hedge Fund Emerging Markets Index performed well last month at +4.03%, up from -4.31% in the last year. The HCN Index compared with the S&P500 at 3.00% – 3.99%, respectively.
Some of the key findings include:
- The Long Only Index peformed the best, up 6.15% in one month, 7.37% YTD. Down from 10.65% in the last year but up from than the 36 month average of -3.32%
- HCN Total Hedge Fund Index is up 3.27% in one month, 6.25% YTD. Down from 8.45% in the last year and 16.00% in the prior 36 months
- The HCN Market Neutral Index is at 0.60 compared to the S&P500 at 0.13%
Alex Akesson, Editor for HedgeCo.net
Phone: (561) 578 4435
About HedgeCo™ (HCN) Hedge Fund Indices
The HedgeCo.Net (HCN) Hedge Fund Indices are a group of equally weighted performance indices utilized by numerous hedge fund managers as a benchmark for their own hedge funds. Unlike asset-weighting utilized by some other indices, the equal-weighting of the HCN presents a more general picture of performance of the hedge fund industry. By weighting all funds equally, this helps to reduce any bias toward the larger funds potentially created by alternative weightings, especially for strategies that encompass a small number of funds.
Funds included in the HCN Monthly Indices must:
- Report monthly returns
- Report Returns Net of All Fees
- Report assets in USD
- All HCN Indices are equally weighted (not based on AUM size).
- “Bad Assets” (ie. Funds which do not report their AUM) are not included in the HCN.
- The HCN Indices are made “official” on the fifteenth of the month.
- Both domestic and offshore funds are included in the HCN Indices.