New York (HedgeCo.net) – August’s edition of The Eurekahedge Report takes an in-depth look at the global hedge funds sector, with analysis of the industry’s performance so far in 2011, comparisons to previous years and an examination into where it might be headed.
Highlights from this month’s report include:
- The hedge fund industry saw US$25 billion inflows and US$20.7 billion outflows during July
- All regions outperformed underlying markets for the third consecutive month
- Hedge funds outperformed global markets by 3.03% in July and remained ahead by 2.35% YTD
- CTA/managed futures funds posted gains of 1.87%
- 52.5% of global hedge funds were above their 2007 high-watermarks
- July was the eighth consecutive month of net inflows with US$4.3 billion coming into the sector
- Assets in multi-strategy hedge funds crossed US$300 billion to reach record highs
- Assets in macro hedge funds reached a historical high of US$125.3 billion
Editing by Alex Akesson
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!