New York (HedgeCo.Net) – Bloomberg Markets magazine announced today that it is bringing together a group of experts to help hedge funds and other alternative structures increase transparency and define marketing practices in the wake of the JOBs act.
As of today, 21 people are on the Bloomberg Alternative Marketing Council, including Blackstone’s Avi Sharon, and Stanley Goldstein, Chairman and Founder of the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable.
The need for hedge funds to begin defining marketing best practices is significant, given a changing competitive landscape shaped not only by regulatory changes such as the JOBs act, but also by the growth of new structures such as liquid alternatives. One estimate indicates as much as $12.8 trillion of U.S. retail capital may ultimately be in play as a result of these changes, with nearly $1 trillion of potentially flowing into alternatives by 2017, including traditional hedge funds, liquid alts, and ’40 Act funds.
The advisory board includes:
* Ryan Alderman, Senior Vice President, Financial Services, Razorfish
* David Benway, CEO, Verinvest
* Jarvis Cromwell, Consultant, Hedge Fund Marketing Strategies, Bloomberg Markets
* Edward Dartley, Investment Practice Attorney, Pepper Hamilton LLP
* Dominic DiPasquale, Sales Management, Bloomberg LP
* Michael Dukmejian, Publisher, Bloomberg Markets
* Jonathan Ewert, CEO, Reputation Institute
* Stanley Goldstein, Chairman and Founder, New York Hedge Fund Roundtable
* John Griswold, Executive Director, Commonfund Institute
* Simeon Hyman, Head of Investment Strategy, ProShares
* Gary S. Kaminsky, Managing Director, Global Regulatory and Compliance, ConceptONE
* Candace Klein, Chief Strategy Officer, Dealstruck; Chief Counsel, Women Investing in Women; Of Counsel, Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole, LLP
* Patrick McCurdy, Managing Director, Wells Fargo Prime Services
* Maureen McGuire, CMO Emeritus, Bloomberg LPLayne Moskowitz, Sales Management, Bloomberg LP
* Samer Ojjeh, Principal, Financial Services, Ernst & Young
* Pen Pendleton, Partner, Cattell, Locke, Pendleton & Partners
* Dan Simon, President: Cognito Media
* Avi Sharon, Principal, Private Wealth, The Blackstone Group
* Ilaria Vigano, Regulatory Products, Bloomberg LPDavis Walmsley, Greenwich Associates
The Bloomberg Alternative Marketing Council says that they are planning invitation-only, in person gatherings that combine the latest thinking, case studies and best practices in alternative marketing with peer-to-peer networking as well as the sponsorship of surveys, white papers, web conferences and educational briefings.
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!