New York (HedgeCo.Net) – GLG Partners, the hedge fund manager Man Group bought three years ago, was Monday named leading pan-European hedge fund in the 2013 Thomson Reuters Extel Survey. Man Group shares are down 10.85% so far this week but are up 10.3% over the past 12 months.
Other highlights of the key winners from the 2013 Survey are:
- Leading Pan-European Brokerage Firm for Equity and Equity-Linked Research: Bank of America Securities – Merrill Lynch
- Leading Pan-European Fund Management Firm: JP Morgan Asset Management
- Leading Pan-European Individual Equity Analyst: Andrew Wood, Sanford C. Bernstein
- Leading Pan-European Sector Team (Equity): Capital Goods Team, Bank of America Securities – Merrill Lynch
- Leading Pan-European Hedge Fund: GLG Partners
- Leading Pan-European Quoted Company for IR: Allianz SE
The 2013 Thomson Reuters Extel Survey ran from 26 March to 3 May 2013 and voting was primarily conducted online. The Survey reflects the contribution of over 15,000 professionals from over 2,200 buy-side firms, more than 2,500 analysts from 250 brokerage firms/research houses and nearly 1,000 of Europe’s largest quoted companies worldwide.
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!