New York (HedgeCo.net) – The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index (the “Broad Index”) finished down 1.33% for the month of May.
|Dedicated Short Bias||9.03%||-2.53%||-7.62%|
|Equity Market Neutral||-3.18%||-0.41%||-2.27%|
|Event Driven Multi-Strategy||-1.36%||-0.41%||3.12%|
|Fixed Income Arbitrage||0.24%||0.69%||3.90%|
The following funds have been dropped from the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index in May: Concordia Global Multi-Strategy Fund, Context Advantage, Para Fund, and Southport Energy Plus Partners LP. There have not been any funds added to the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index in May.
The Dow Jones Credit Suisse family of hedge fund indexes includes:
1. The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, an asset-weighted benchmark that seeks to measure hedge fund performance and provide the most accurate representation of the hedge fund universe.
2. The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Core Hedge Fund Index, an investable, asset-weighted hedge fund index that seeks to provide broad representation of the liquid, investable hedge fund universe with limited platform bias. The index reflects the performance of managed accounts and other regulated fund structures sourced from across a range of platforms.
3. The Dow Jones Credit Suisse AllHedge Index, an investable index comprised of all 10 Dow Jones Credit Suisse AllHedge Strategy Indexes weighted according to the sector weights of the Broad Index.
4. The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Blue Chip Hedge Fund Index, an investable index comprised of 60 of the largest funds across the ten style-based sectors in the Broad Index.
5. The Dow Jones Credit Suisse LEA Hedge Fund Index, an asset-weighted, composite index which provides insight in to three specific regions of the emerging markets hedge fund universe (Latin America, EEMEA (Emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa) and Asia).