New York (HedgeCo.Net) – Miami and South Florida is back in the news as the area continues to attract hedge funds and financial companies. In a column named “Hedge funds eye Florida’s ‘New Manhattan’“, CNBC’s hedge and private equity funds reporter, Lawrence Delevingne delves into the reasons why financial firms would want to move.
“Taxes are low, slick offices are cheap, there’s easy access to wealthy retirees and Latin American markets, and perks like good schools and ocean-front villas abound”, Delevingne writes, “not to mention virtually eternal sunshine.”
Communications firm Newlink Group states that South Florida is home to 60 hedge funds, 19 private equity firms and more than 200 family offices. The number of hedge funds in florida is much higher. HedgeCo research has tracked 29 hedge funds that have opened since January, 2015. Please note that this list only includes funds which are registered in Florida, and does not count funds that are managed in Florida but domiciled off-shore.
- QuStrat Absolute Return Fund LP (MIAMI, FL)
- Tax Deed Equity Fund Inc (CAPE CORAL, FL)
- Universa Black Swan Protection Protocol XVIII L.P. (MIAMI, FL)
- Bayview Liquid Credit Strategies Domestic, L.P. (CORAL GABLES, FL)
- West Hill Strategic Bond Fund, LP (CORAL GABLES, FL)
- Crystal Capital Strategies Master Fund, LLC (BAY HARBOR ISLANDS, FL)
- Crystal Capital Master Fund, LLC (BAY HARBOR ISLANDS, FL)
- Crystal Capital Fund Series, LLC (BAY HARBOR ISLANDS, FL)
- Magnolia Wedge Fund, LP (BONITA SPRINGS, FL)
- POLAR FUND LTD (JACKSONVILLE, FL) http://www.
- PROSPECT STREET PARTNERS LTD (JACKSONVILLE, FL)
- WATER STREET PARTNERS LTD (JACKSONVILLE, FL)
- ALEXANDER STREET PARTNERS LTD (JACKSONVILLE, FL)
- LAMPOST BLUE CHIP FUND LP (BOCA RATON, FL)
- Capital Trading Master Fund, Ltd. (SEMINOLE, FL)
- Capital Trading Fund II, Ltd. (SEMINOLE, FL)
- P1 Investments LP (MIAMI, FL)
- P1 Offshore Ltd. (MIAMI, FL)
- FHF Capital Investment LP (BAYONET POINT, FL)
- CIVOG TOTAL RETURN FUND, L.P. (PALM BEACH, FL)
- L.E.W. CAPITAL PARTNERS, L.P (FORT LAUDERDALE, FL)
- Exbury Fund LP (orlando, FL)
- WMD Long/Short Real Estate Securities Fund, L.P. (Jacksonville, FL)
- WMD Offshore Long/Short Real Estate Securities Fund, L.P. (Jacksonville, FL)
- Horus Value Partners, LP (TAMPA, FL)
- Universa Austrian Investment Fund L.P. (MIAMI, FL)
- North Rock Fund, L.P. (PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL)
- RONHIL CAPITAL PARTNERS, LP (ODESSA, FL)
- TR Global Opportunity Fund, LP (BOCA RATON, FL)
Palm Beach County Business Development Board lists other benefits to moving to Florida as: No state personal income tax or estate tax, No corporate income tax on limited partnerships, No corporate income tax on subchapter S-corporations, No state-level property tax assessed, Abundant supply of affordable Class A office space with water views, Convenient direct flights from Palm Beach International Airport, Easy access to Latin and Caribbean markets, World-class lifestyle, Educated workforce – FAU Financial Analyst Program, FAU Trading Room, Top-rated public and private schools, Wide array of homes in safe neighborhoods, Population of 1.3 million.
Editor for HedgeCo.net
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!