New York (HedgeCo.Net) – Hedge funds posted positive returns in April as most markets trended upwards during the month according to the Eurekahedge Hedge Fund Index which was up 1.09% during the month, while the MSCI World Index gained 2.02% in April.
Key highlights for April 2013:
- Japanese hedge funds witnessed strongest April and 4-months on record returns, gaining 4.22% and 15.87% respectively
- The Eurekahedge Billion Dollar Hedge Fund Index is up 4.01% April YTD with total assets standing at US$253 billion
- Asia ex-Japan hedge funds outperformed underlying markets for second consecutive month
- Eurekahedge is currently tracking more than 250 funds that have delivered over 15% year-to-date
- Distressed debt funds extend their winning streak to 10 months, gaining 23% since July 2012
- The asset-weighted Mizuho-Eurekahedge Asia Pacific Index was up 6.89% in April YTD
EurekaHedge reports: “All strategic mandates finished the month with positive returns, with event driven and distressed debt managers posting the strongest gains. Among other strategies, long/short equity managers continued to deliver profits for the 10th consecutive month with gains of 1.01% in March. The mid-month volatility and divergent trends in global indices were helpful for relative value managers who posted returns of 1.04%. CTA/managed futures funds also posted positive returns of 0.45% with some managers reporting gains from the energy sector.”
Editor for HedgeCo.net
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership inHedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!