New York (HedgeCo.net) – The 2011 AlphaMetrix Summit saw over 650 hedge fund industry professionals attend this year. The event featured a greater than 1:1 ratio of investors to hedge funds, and attendees represented an estimated $1 trillion in assets.
Via a series of short single-question surveys, AlphaMetrix asked the event’s 650+ participants for their opinions on a number of relevant industry topics. A summary of the results is below:
- 83% of attendees believe hedge fund assets will grow more than 5% in 2011.
- Managed Futures, Event-Driven and Global Macro are seen as the strategies that are most likely to do well in 2011.
- 30% of investors plan to invest in a hedge fund mutual fund or ETF structure in 2011.
- 14% of managers plan to create a hedge fund mutual fund or ETF structure in 2011.
- 18% of investors plan to invest in a UCITS structure in 2011.
- 27% of managers plan to create a UCITS structure in 2011.
- 74% of participants see EU/US regulations as having either no impact or a negative impact on the hedge fund industry.
- 67% of attendees believe there will not be a double-dip recession.
- 42% of attendees believe the US offers the best near-term investment prospects, followed by Canada with 37% and Germany/UK with 18%. (Request full study)
“This is an exciting time for AlphaMetrix, and it is an honor to have hosted so many outstanding groups at the AlphaMetrix 2011 Summit,” said Aleks Kins, CEO. “What started four years ago with a charity golf tournament has quickly become one of our hedge fund industry’s must-attend events, where participants are encouraged to connect in an intimate environment of one-on-one meetings.”
In addition to the thousands of meetings held during the event, AlphaMetrix provided attendees with a slate of speakers and panels, five of which are now available via on-demand streaming video.
Editing by Alex Akesson
HedgeCo.Net is a premier hedge fund database and community for qualified and accredited investors only. Membership in HedgeCo.net is FREE and EASY. We also offer FREE LISTINGS for Hedge Funds!