About Numeric Investors LLC
Numeric Investors is an institutional investment manager based in Boston, Massachusetts. We manage assets for clients globally, including corporate and public pension plans, foundations, endowments, and sovereign funds. Since our founding in 1989, we have remained committed and focused on efforts to consistently outperform our benchmarks to deliver excess returns over the long term for our clients. Strategies range from long-only, active extension and market neutral equities across geographic regions, investment styles and capitalization strata. Our long-standing commitment to carefully manage capacity has enabled us to focus on maximizing alpha for our clients.
In September 2014, Man completed the acquisition of Numeric. This provides attractive strategic, commercial and financial benefits, including the creation of a diversified, global quantitative investment platform represented by AHL and Numeric. As a result, Man's quantitative investment platform now offers clients a broad product range across alternative and long-only, trend following, technical and fundamental strategies. In addition, the acquisition further expands Man's footprint in North America, while enhancing its ability to achieve a strong risk-adjusted return on capital through an immediately accretive transaction.
Job title: Associate Quantitative Researcher
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Focus primarily on alpha development.
· Make improvements in areas such as model combination, portfolio construction, risk, and trading.
· Generate creative research ideas, collect data and analyse and create empirical models leading to the development of algorithms, trading models, and investment strategies.
· Build specialized optimization and simulation models to provide insight into market behavior.
· Work closely with senior researchers on analysis to apply quantitative techniques and market intuition on innovative datasets for back-testing and validation of models, algorithms, and strategies.
· Assist more senior researchers & contribute in areas such as alpha production, tool construction and maintenance, and database construction
· Advance existing initiatives and opportunities to pursue new, previously unexplored research topics.
· Contribute to the asset allocation process and set research priorities.
· Prepare industry/company reports and prepare written material including insightful industry pieces based on the evaluation and interpretation of assigned areas on a regular basis.
· Develop relationships with industry sources and provide market information to institutional clients.