• Act as a liaison between senior management and external tax advisors (both domestic and international) regarding various tax inquiries and strategies.
• Stay abreast of new tax regulations and analyze their impact to the overall operations of the firm (e.g. FATCA).
• Handle all phases of tax compliance, including overseeing all tax return preparation and filings for investment vehicles and management companies.
• Monitor portfolios and positions and work with traders and portfolio managers to achieve tax- efficient portfolio management by monitoring:
o long term vs. short term gain tax lots
o holding period for qualified dividends
o track tax basis adjustments for wash sales/constructive sales
• Work closely with Client Relations team in providing tax information to investors involving tax basis, investing in onshore vs. offshore funds, UBTI, and other issues.
• Work with external tax advisors to provide quarterly tax estimates to all partners
• Involvement with overall process improvement and continued integration and implementation of improved processes and systems.
• Monitor transfer pricing policy between the US and foreign offices.
• Provide monthly FIN48 analysis and calculations to fund accounting.
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of seven years’ experience in public accounting or industry experience specific to long/short and long-only funds. Applicant must have strong substantive knowledge of partnership tax issues, particularly as they relate to hedge funds, strong knowledge of hedge fund structures (master-feeder, side by side, mini-master, side pockets, etc.), knowledge of straddle rules, constructive sale rules, wash sale rules and OID and general familiarity with financial products and trading including stocks, bonds, options and other derivatives. Candidate must have excellent Microsoft Excel, modeling, and tax research skills and familiarity with research materials (CCH, RIA, BNA).
Chilton seeks candidates who have outstanding analytical skills coupled with strong organizational and communication skills. Applicants should be pro-active, motivated, passionate, and work well in a team environment. We pride ourselves on building a team of professionals working toward a common goal in a collaborative fashion.