by David Drake
Fintech Week Silicon Valley is one of the best places to mine for cryptocurrency trends. A few months ago, the price of bitcoin was projected to hit $4,000 by end of 2017. Surprisingly, it already surpassed $4,000 and someone projected that its value may reach $50,000 by 2027. The value of cryptocurrency market is projected to rise from about $140 billion to $2 trillion, with bitcoin accounting for almost 50% of that value.
Innovators, venture capitalists, startups, large firms, government officials, the academe and media converged at Draper University in San Mateo, CA on August 1-6, 2017 to discuss this topic further at the first Fintech Week Silicon Valley event.
Digital currency, blockchain, and tokenizing are unstoppable developments in the financial industry. These are real disruptors that cannot be ignored. Some of these topics were discussed in the event: recent developments in blockchain technology; impact of blockchain on large tech firms; EOS; initial coin offerings (ICOs); blockchain for good; blockchain beyond financial services; international point of view on blockchain; blockchain 2020; DFINITY; the bank of the future; moving money 3.0; what’s happening in Asia, China, and around the globe; as well as future predictions.
Steps in doing a compliant ICO cover 30 steps, which are classified into Legal and Regulatory steps, Designing and Planning, Technical aspect, as well as Marketing & PR.The conference also featured fast paced company intros, networking tables, coffee breaks, luncheons, panel discussions, standalone presentations and keynote speeches. There was also a workshop that focused on relevant topics in blockchain technology, and blockchain and fintech hackathon.
Some of the speakers at the event included:
- Alex Bessonov, Founder, Bitclave
- Amar Singh Rathor, Executive Director, Standard Chartered
- Amy Y. Wan, CEO & Founder, Boot Strap Legal
- Brendan Blumer, CEO, block.one (EOS)
- Brett Noyes, Managing Partner, unbank.ventures
- Christopher Hussain, Founder, RealKey
- Dominic Williams, President & Chief Scientist, DFINITY
- Gregory Gilman, Co-Founder and General Counsel, Science
- Gregory Simon, CEO & Co-Founder, Loyyal Corporation
- Igor Khmel, Founder, BankEx
- Kamil Przeorski, Founder, Experty
- Ken Kruszka, CEO & Founder, SnapCheck
- Lloyed Lobo, Co-Founder, Boast.AI
- Michael Jones, CEO, Science, Inc.
- Reeetika Grewal, Head of Payments Strategy and Solutions, Silicon Valley Bank
- Robert Schwentker, Founding President, Blockchain University
- Simon Yu, CEO, CakeCodes Inc.
- Spencer Bogart, Managing Director, Head of Research, Blockchain Capital LLC
- Stephanie Sharron, Partner, Morrison & Foerster, LLP
- Stewart Dennis, CEO and Founder, BitBounce
- Valentine Preobrazhenskiy, Founder, LAToken
- Yulia Yaani, Founder & CEO, RealAtom.com
EOS was the event’s platinum sponsor. The media partners included Coindesk, NewsBTC, The Cointelegraph, CEX.IO, FinTech Profile and Boast. Other partners included Unbank Ventures, UK Department for International Trade (DIT), and Day One Investments.
The other sponsors included Morrison & Foerster LLP, Wolk, OTCXN, DFINITY, Experty.io and LAToken.Experty.io, poised to disrupt the consulting industry, is a blockchain platform that allows people to call or consult experts globally and consultants are paid instantly using ethereum. LAToken.com is a portal that uses blockchain technology to tokenize and make a variety of tradable assets including real estate, debt and equity loans, and works of art. I recently joined LAToken’s advisory board.
The event was an exclusive and exciting event for everyone that attended it. They learned about cryptocurrencies, bitcoins, fintech innovation, current trends in the financial landscape, as well as the role that Silicon Valley plays in transforming how financial services are delivered to key stakeholders.
It was also a great place for like-minded people to connect, network and learn from each other about investment opportunities, trends, and risks in fintech industry. As an investor in cryptocurrency industry, it is important to learn about these recent developments and trends to guide us intelligently in navigating this new territory.
For queries on how you can keep your ICO compliant in the world’s largest market, the USA, you can reach out to me.