The Cyprus Embassy Trade Center is hosting a seminar: “New strategies for multi Jurisdiction management”, on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at the Harvard Club of New York.
A recent UN report calls Cyprus “the forerunner model for the future of corporate holding jurisdictions and international business centers.” Cyprus, is a clearly defined leader in global commerce that gives you unprecedented transparency and stability to respond to the new realities of today’s marketplace.
- 1. Cyprus as an Intermediate Jurisdiction – Considerations for U.S. investors when investing through Cyprus:
– Uses of jurisdictions as related to corporate activities
– Tax benefits of Cyprus Based Funds
– Fund Structures
– Cyprus as a central platform solution for Multinational Administrative issues and solutions:
- Addressing the current issues of administration facing MNC’s and Hedge Funds
- Issues of Taxation in a multi jurisdiction solution
- Legal framework
- Administrative requirements as related to Hedge Funds
– Defining the capacity of Cyprus as a central administrative hub within the global footprint of your company
This private event is an opportunity to meet with leading global legal, administrative and corporate structure specialists, defining relevant multi jurisdiction strategies, tax efficiencies, opportunities for minimizing costs and limiting liability.
- Attendees will have a better understanding of the issues facing US based hedge funds which are seeking new market growth and capital introductions
- Re-defining the boundaries and conjunctions of the Cayman Islands with other jurisdictions
- Learn about the administration and strategy of a pan EU MENA and Eastern European market approach.
- Michael F. Mavrides, partner: Bingham McCutchen LLP
Named one of the leading up-and-coming attorneys in the U.S., The Lawdragon 500 New Stars, New Worlds Mike Mavrides is a Member of the American Bar Association and New York State Bar Association and focuses on working with hedge funds. His practice includes counselling domestic and offshore private investment funds, funds of funds, and other pooled investment vehicles, including general equity funds, arbitrage funds, market neutral, small cap, global investment and emerging market funds, distressed debt funds, multi-manager funds, group trusts for employee benefit plans and commodity pools.
- Dr. Christodoulos G. Pelaghias, Attorney-at-Law, Law Offices of Christodoulos G. Pelaghias
Dr. Pelaghias holds a postgraduate degree in International Affairs, as well as J.D and Ph.D. degrees (in Law and Political Science) from Columbia University. He is admitted to practice Law in New York and Cyprus. He served as adviser to the Cyprus Mission at the UN, is a fellow of the World Policy Institute in New York and the Western European Institute of Columbia University.
The Law Offices of Chr. G. Pelaghias & Co is a Cyprus based law firm which dates back to the early 1950s. The firm’s main practise areas are corporate law, international taxation, finance law and EU-law. Pelaghias & Co focuses exclusively on international clients, and the firm has a long history of accommodating clients despite geographic boundaries or complexity.
Seaward Management Ltd. is a corporate management firm established by Pelaghias & Co in 1986 with a broad scope of Administrative and management services that include corporate and tax planning for a wide spectrum of clients. Seaward was one of the first service providers in Cyprus to set-up and manage holding and investment structures in Russia and the NIS on behalf of major U.S. investment funds. In 1999 Seaward also became the first Cypriot company to list a foreign public company on the Cyprus Stock Exchange.
To register please contact :Gregg.email@example.com